Techni Tou Dromou

Tuesday 12 July 2022

Urban Bay graffiti street art Bristol

Urban Bay graffiti street art Bristol












I have known about this piece for a while, but just never knew where it was. To my huge excitement and fulfilment I found it recently, while looking for another piece nearby. This is by one of my favourite street artists, Aspire, who is better known for his amazing birds

I don’t know who the subject of the piece is, but I would guess a prominent local musician or blues artist perhaps. It seems slightly peculiar seeing work by Aspire that is not a bird, but I consider it to be equally good, and I would like to see more of it

The piece has been here for a while and is slightly worse for wear, but it has persisted and survived untagged…often the mark of a respected artist










A little while back I was contacted by Paul H, who told me to get myself down to City Road, where there was a RAW paint jam going on. I happened to be passing that way, returning home from another spot, and was very pleased that I did, as there was a bit of a street party atmosphere going on.

Food, music and a host of street artists. There was nothing not to like. The colour scheme adopted by all the artists had a kind of summer holiday theme, with lots of pink sunset stuff going on. This piece by Jaksta was one of the highlights, especially as I haven’t seen any of his work for quite a long time. Some of you might recognise the subject of the piece as Snoopdogg, and I find it amazing that Jaksta can create these slightly grotesque carton portraits with spray cans. A rare talent that he executes so well

#bristolgraff  #bristolgraffiti #streetartbristol #bristolstreetart #Upfest

 

2 comments:

Popular posts