Techni Tou Dromou

Monday 4 April 2022

Wildlife Street Art Mural by Qubek OT art trail Manchester

Wildlife Street Art Mural by Qubek OT art trail Manchester



I'd like to thank the man who came out of his shop as I was walking away and closed the shutters for me












 The idea behind this is similar to my mural in Stockport. After reading about the local area I found out that the reason this street is called cornbrook street is because under the ground here is a Brook that stretches from Gorton all the way through Manchester City centre into Old Trafford and ends at the Manchester ship canal.


I decided to depict the kind of wildlife that would have lived around this area many years ago and also add the flying fish to represent the local Caribbean community and any other nationality that has settled into this area over the years. Old Trafford is a diverse area and I used the colours here to depict that. I met so many colourful characters while painting this and am truly grateful to @manchesterceramicscollective for asking me to paint another local mural in my own community.

I think I'll call this one, The Journey, as I love the idea that it might depict the local community and the amazing people who have come to settle here and call Old Trafford their home text by Qubek Qubekmanchester 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts